Wednesday, December 22, 2004

I never thought I would find myself agreeing with the Pope!

During his weekly address from a window at St. Peter's Square, he cautioned against getting caught up by materialism during the Christmas holiday. The pope discussed the symbolism of the Christmas tree - a sign of eternal life -

"The message of the Christmas tree is that life is 'evergreen' if you keep on giving, not material things, but the gift of yourself - whether through friendship or sincere affection, brotherly assistance or forgiveness, spending time together or listening to each other," he said.

I whole heartedly agree and over the last two years I have been shifting my material giving to worthy causes and giving my friends and family more of me! Most of us have all we really need from a material standpoint but have a huge deficit in the things that matter most like quality time with those we love.

Give the best gift you can this year give yourself, your time and not just during the holidays but all year long. I wish you all the happiest of Holidays. Going to Thrive in O'Five!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home