Wednesday, October 19, 2005

FBI: US Murder Rate Drops to 40-year low!

POSITIVE NEWS - US Murder Rate Hits 40-Year Low

There were 391 fewer murders nationwide in 2004
than the year before, the FBI said.

Last year's total of 16,137 murders (out of 300
million people) is a decrease of 3.3% from 2003
and is the lowest murder rate since 1965.

The rates for all seven major crimes were down,
and the overall violent crime rate reached a
30-year low, according to the FBI.

I have a couple of questions for you to consider.

1) Did you learn about this story online,
on the newspaper, or on your local or national
radio station or TV newscast?

I found it on page 4a in my local paper.

I tend to think news like this should be on the
front page of every paper and the lead story
on the evening news.

2) What do you think?
Please email me your thoughts or post a comment below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home