Monday, January 10, 2005

A Request from Singapore - If people want to help the people living in the affected areas PLEASE STOP CANCELLING YOUR TRIPS!

Hi Mr Positive,

I'm based in Singapore and have been enjoying
reading your news every week. Sometimes, they
make me stop and think in this frentic life I
sometimes live.

As you can tell, I'm not a native English speaker
and I may not be able to find the most impactful
words for my thoughts, especially now...

You were talking about the 2nd Tsunami hitting
the areas affected - and we all see these waves
of generosity coming to Asia, from all over the
world, from within Asia, from companies, families,
individuals. Aid organisations are coordinating
efforts to bring help to those who need it most.

Despite the disaster, people in the affected areas
need to get back to their lives. I've got some friends
who, very fortunate, managed to survive. They all
have the same message and ask me to kindly spread
it... so... I am not sure how and then I thought of you..

If people want to help the people living in the affected
areas that had a strong tourist industry:

Please STOP CANCELLING your trips! Sustainable
development and reconstruction can only be done if
the tourists come back.

You can see details about the Phuket area for example
under http://www.image-asia.com/post_tsunami_phuket_krabi.htm

I don't want to say that the donations aren't needed
- they definitely are as a lot of those people affected
have lost everything - family, friends, even their
whole village.

But the cancellation frenzy right now does not help
those who would be able to start again...

With best regards from Singapore
Angelika

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home